Here’s a classic, great sounding AMS RMX 16 stereo reverb, serial number 2048. If you’ve clicked on this listing you probably familiar with these amazing units. We have fully refurbished the electronics and it’s in excellent working order. 17 programs are included (the standard 9, plus 8 extras). The inside of the chassis, cards, and components are clean and tight. It has an upgraded power supply and a remote interface connector (fully tested) for use with a remote control (remote not included).
You get all 9 classic programs and 8 more. Programs include Ambience, Hall, Hall B, Hall C, Room A0, Room A1, Room B, Plate A, Plate B, Image, Nonlin 2, Reverse A, Reverse B, Chorus, Echo, Delay, and Freeze. The chassis has the later, higher current power supply and all the electrolytic capacitors in the power supplies have been replaced. All 10 of the black key switches on the front panel are new. The unit will run on 120 or 240 volts. All settings are stored in battery backup RAM; the unit has a fresh battery. All the internal ribbon cables have been replaced with new ones. The unit is 100% guaranteed to be as described or your money back. It includes a complete 90 day warranty.
This unit was probably manufactured in about 1982 and has the later (improved) power supply. The front panel is in good condition. However, some of the brown paint is damaged on the sides and cover of the unit, and because of this we are selling this unit at a slightly reduced price. The circuit boards, motherboard, and other internal areas are clean and in very good condition. A copy of the owner’s manual and a power cord are included. The unit is set up for 120 volts but can easily be changed to 220 or 240 internally.
Our shop is fully set up to service AMS gear with extensive documentation and spares in stock, and we know these units inside out. It has been carefully serviced and is ready to deliver years of great sounds.
AMS DMX’s and RMX’s show up regularly on ebay. Why should you buy yours from Studio Electronics?
1. Reburb and testing: every AMS that we sell has been been thoroughly serviced and tested. Any marginal components are replaced and the 10 or so all important ribbon cables are replaced with new ones. The unit is thoroughly tested and then run for several days. The power supplies are thoroughly serviced and checked. Normally we charge $700 for this service, and it’s worth the cost. An AMS purchased from us has been given a new lease on life and is likely to be trouble free for many, many years.
2. Marginal parts: Since we refurb so many AMS’s, we know what to look for. If the fan runs slow we know the unit will run hot, and we replace it with the exact same, quiet running part. If a switch is bent or noisy or if pot is faulty, we replace it. If an PC card connector is worn, we replace it. If a fastener is missing from the top or bottom cover, we replace it.
3. Function and specs test: most AMS sellers on ebay don’t own a manual, and don’t know all the features of these machines. Before listing this DMX on ebay we checked lock in, loop editing, the mix functions. Using a Chorus Controller unit, we tested the remote control port. Most sellers don’t have the knowledge or the equipment to properly check these functions.
4. Upgrades. We stock all the DMX and RMX EPROM’s, and every AMS we sell has been upgraded with the latest software that the hardware will support, with every possible feature included.
5. Support: if something goes wrong, we’ll get you taken care of quickly. Our shop stocks hundreds of spare AMS boards and keeps several working units on hand. Next week or next year, if there’s a problem, call us. We’ll be glad to help you out, and will do so quickly.
Here’s your chance to own a truly legendary, great sounding piece of outboard gear. AMS began producing their DMX delays and RMX reverbs in 1979, and continued manufacturing until about 1985. These two products were a huge hit in the pro audio industry, and were used on thousands on huge hit records. The sonic quality trounces any Protools plug in out there -- there’s something about these units that just sounds incredibly good. We have serviced many of them in our shop over the last year and it’s just amazing how, over and over again, audio engineers who happen to come by do a double take when they hear one of these in action. The bottom line is, they sound wonderful.
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.